Institutional Refund Policy
A refund applies to all terminations for any reason by either party including student decision, course or program cancellation, or school closure. This refund policy applies to tuition and fees charged in the enrollment agreement. An applicant not accepted by the school may be entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
A fair and equitable settlement will apply for applicants of official and unofficial withdraws, and / or terminations under Texas Occupations Code Title 9 Section 1602.457 administered by the Texas Department and Licensing and Regulations.
Any and all refunds due to a student who withdraws shall be refunded within 30 days of a determination that a student has withdrawn whether officially or unofficially from the last date of attendance. This applies to formal termination by the school or formal cancellation by the student or in the case of leave of absence.
Unofficial withdraws of clock hour students are determined by the school through monitoring clock hour attendance at least every 30 days.
In the case of documented mitigating circumstances such as disabling illness, or injury, death in a student’s immediate family or any other documented mitigating circumstance the school may exceed its minimum refund guidelines based on its withdrawal and settlement policy.
CANCELLATION AND SETTLEMENT POLICY.
If a student (or in the case of a student under legal age, his / her parent or guardian) cancels his / her enrollment and demands his / her money back in writing within (3) business days of the signing of the enrollment agreement or contract, all monies collected by the school shall be refunded. The cancellation date will be no later than midnight of the third day after the date the agreement of contract is signed by the student, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays; or entered into because of a misrepresentation made: A) in the advertising or promotional materials of the school; or B) by owner or representative of the school.
All students must notify the school of their withdrawal. The formal cancellation date will be determined by the postmark on written notification for proper refund’s, the date said notification is delivered to the school in person, the date the school terminates, or 10 days after the last date of attendance, or expiration date of an approved leave of absence. This policy applies regardless of whether or not the student has actually started training.
If the student is on a leave of absence then decides to withdraw, or unofficially withdraws, the date of the withdrawal will be the last date of attendance. refunds will be based on that date and refunded within 30 days.
If the student is expelled from the school they shall receive a refund calculated by the last date of attendance. All refunds are calculated based on the students last day of attendance.
All extra costs such as books and tools and licensing and registration fees are not covered under tuition, therfore are not subject to a refund unless the student has not entered class.
Cancellation of a course before the program has begun the school shall at its option:
- Provide a full refund of all monies paid:
- or Provide completion of the course
Cancellation of a course or program and ceases to offer instruction after students has enrolled and instruction has begun; the school shall at its option:
- Provide a pro-rata refund for all students transferring to another school based on the hours accepted by the receiving school, or:
- Provide completion of the course and or program, or; Participate in a teach-out agreement, or;
- Provide a full refund of all monies paid
If the institution is permanently closed or no longer offering program instruction after a student has enrolled, the institution will provide:
- Provide a pro-rata refund
- The school does not participate in any teach-out plans with other institutions.
For students who enroll and begin classes, the following schedule of tuition adjustments is authorized;
- 90 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs during the first week or first one-tenth of the course, whichever is shorter.
- 80 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs after the first week or first one-tenth of the course, whichever period is shorter, but within the first three weeks of the course.
- 75 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs after the first three weeks of the course but not later than the completion of the first 25 percent of the course.
- 50 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs not later than the completion of the first 50 percent of the course.
- If Student withdraws or is terminated by the School during the last 50 percent of the Course, the School may retain 100 percent of tuition and fees paid by the Student and is not obligated to refund any additional outstanding tuition. .
- Refunds are calculated by scheduled hours and will be refunded within 30 days.